Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Nov 15, 2002  1:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] amplification

In a message dated 11/14/2002 4:19:22 PM Central Standard Time,
leskayc@a... writes:

> I fight this war on an almost daily basis with my musically illiterate
> husband, who by the way, adores Kelly Clarkson and wants our vocally
> talented
> daughters to sound just like her.
>
> I have a lot of stomachaches........
>
> Leslie

If your daughters could make similar sounds to Clarkson in an efficient,
healthy manner (a la natalie cole or beyonce knowles) that were very pop,
strong, and involve a "chesty" sound (but not pure chest) would that bug you?

While your husband may be musicall "illiterate" he does understand one thing
... he does understand what makes careers in today's world.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com