Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Nov 12, 2002  3:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Graduate school audtion question.

I think you're right not to audition with two pieces by the same composer.
Here are some arias you might take a look at for your second piece - fast,
in Italian, with coloratura:

Donizetti: O luce di quest'anima - from LINDA DI CHAMOUNIX

Verdi: Volta la terrea, or Saper vorreste - from UN BALLO IN MASCHERA

Verdi: Merce, dilette amiche (Bolero) - from I VESPRI SICILIANI

Donizetti: Quel guardo il cavaliere, or La morale in tutto questo - from
DON PASQUALE

Handel: Tornami a vagheggiar - from ALCINA

Piccini: Furia di donna - from LA BUONA FIGLIUOLA

Handel: Dopo notte atra e funesta - from ARIODANTE

Not coloratura:

Puccini: Chi'll bel sogno di Doretta - from LA RONDINE

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
That man is the happiest who
is most thoroughly deluded.