Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Nov 12, 2002  1:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Graduate school audtion question.

Dolphin aura wrote:

> I was originally going to audition with una voce poco
> fa by rossini and Ruhe sanft, mein holdes leben, by
> mozart. I am having second thoughts about the
> rossini and was wondering if I chose to do Un moto di
> gioia by mozart if I shouldn't use one composer for
> more 2 of my audition pieces...
> if so, can you give me any suggestions to something in
> italian that is fast or almost fast?

Can you share what about the "Una voce poco fa" is causing
you to
want to choose a new piece? For example, is it too low for
you?
Too long? You're not comfortable with comedy?
That would help in suggesting an alternative.

That said, you could look at some Handel - there are so
many. I'm working on
Piangero (from Giulio Cesare), which is gorgeous. It has a
slow A section,
and coloratura in the B section. "Lusinghe piu care" (I
forget the opera)
is lovely, and has more coloratura than Piangero.

If you want a Bel Canto piece, check out
"Ah non credea" from La Sonambula or "Eccomi...O quante
volte"
from I Capuletti ed il Montecchi, both operas by Bellini.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com