Vocalist.org archive

From:  Debra Johnson <debbiejo53142@y...>
Date:  Mon Nov 11, 2002  6:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Dialysis and singing

Hi:

My doctor believes that I will be put on dialysis
within a year and is urging me to explore peritoneal
dialysis (You carry fluid I believe just inside your
stomach lining -- and the bad stuff gets filtered into
the fluid which then you dispose of and replace at
regular intervals). I understand I may have to carry
about five lbs. of fluid (I weigh 130 lbs, give or
take a few), and that I will look slightly pregnant.
My concern is whether or not I will be still be able
to breathe properly for singing with that extra fluid
in there. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts
about this?

Grateful for your input.

Best,

Deb. Johnson

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20821 Re: Dialysis and singingJohn Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Tue  11/12/2002
20838 Re: Dialysis and singingDebra Johnson debbiejo53142 Tue  11/12/2002

emusic.com