Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Nov 5, 2002  8:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] open score/closed score

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I finally listened to the 1956 Broadway
recording on "Candide." To go by Bernstein's own definition, "Candide" was
pop music in 1956, but it is now CLASSICAL music.

(BTW, I just wrapped up my second go as the Old Lady. Most successful
production in the company's history. I like to think I had something to do
with that.)

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

We all live in a place called "23 skiddoo." --John Prine