Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Denis J. Lanza" <voxman@s...>
Date:  Mon Nov 4, 2002  5:01 am
Subject:  Press Release: RENOWNED BASSIST, KELLY CONLON, JOINS INFINITY MINUS ONE

Contact: Denis J. Lanza
(203) 231-4730
infinityminusone@b...
http://www.infinityminusone.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RENOWNED BASSIST, KELLY CONLON, JOINS INFINITY MINUS ONE

BOSTON, Massachusetts - - November 1, 2002 - - Renowned bassist, Kelly
Conlon, is the newest member to become one-fifth of high-visibility
Progressive Rock/Metal act, Infinity Minus One, which has recently released
its widely anticipated compact disc recording titled, “Tales from the Mobius
Strip.”
Kelly’s vast musical history begins with his embracing the baritone in
school at age ten, later graduating to trombone and trumpet, while
participating in both his school jazz and concert bands. Interestingly, he
did not begin bass studies until the age of eighteen. But to get an idea of
what a quick study he is, and his level of proficiency, one only need note
that he did a two-year stint with the highly popular metal act, Death, which
included recording on and internationally touring behind its 1995 “Symbolic”
release by RoadRunner Records.
Another point of note is that, post-Death, Kelly Conlon recorded on another
popular metal act’s (Monstrosity) releases titled, “Millennium” (1997) and
“In Dark Purity” (1999) by Conquest Music and Uni/Slipdisc labels,
respectively. These accomplishments have garnered him impressive
endorsements with both DR Strings and Carvin music products.
Regarding his perspective on music, Conlon says, “I have always liked to
play stuff that was interesting...I never really dug the stuff where you
play a couple of chords...dan dan dan dan...too boring for me. I seem to
like making things hard on myself, as I love to tap and make a song
interesting to play."
He also cites and credits such bass influences as Stanley Clarke, Jaco
Pastorius, Michael Manring, Slam Stewart, Geddy Lee and Steve Harris.
Additional members of Infinity Minus One include Denis J. Lanza (Lead
Vocals), Kairo Zentradi (Guitar, Vocals), Kevin Hammer (Keyboards, Vocals)
and Libor Hadrava (Drums, Vocals).

About Infinity Minus One:
Infinity Minus One is a Boston-based Progressive Rock/Metal act combining
elements of Classical Music, Film Scores, and Video Games within a Rock
context. Formed at the famous Berklee College of Music, Infinity Minus One
represents the visions and effort of musicians, with music ranging from
simple compositions to some of the most complex progressive. The band’s web
site is at http://www.infinityminusone.com.

emusic.com