Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Sat Nov 2, 2002  6:59 pm
Subject:  DFD WAS: Are bass-baritones considered rare in terms of baritone voice category???

Dré de Man wrote

> Tako Oda wrote about DFD:
>> Didn't he sing the evangelist (lyric tenor) in the St. John's Passion once?
>
> Or, to be less cryptic, it would me most interesting to know more, so
> what is the source of this information?

I wish I could remember! I really have a terrible memory... Maybe it's
one of those "stepping in for someone sick while singing the other
hired role too" situations? (He sang Jesus about a million times,
after all so I guess it's plausible - he certainly had the upper notes
for it) Sorry, maybe something would turn up on a web search?

Tako

emusic.com