Vocalist.org archive

From:  "chenweijie81" <chenweijie81@y...>
Date:  Fri Nov 1, 2002  3:11 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Are bass-baritones considered rare in terms of baritone voice category???

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Anthony Howden <antnee1027@y...>
wrote:

> I think that I go through the same thing... I can hit a low bass C
while @ the same time I can hit a Tenor G-Ab soooo am I a bass-
baritone/bass/baritone. I consider myself a baritone due to my
speaking voice! I really hate classifications too. B/c people think
that I am a bass then they shove me down to singing low or assume
that I can't sing high!!! That irritates me sooo much. That is why I
really want to master speech level singing sooo that I can solidify
my upper range. Sorry for the ranting...
> Anthony
> thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...> wrote:
> Having studied with one and been friends with the other, both of
these
> artists considered themselves baritones. Artists are rarely
responsible
> for how they are billed; ask any mezzo how many times she's been
billed as
> a soprano.
>
> Someone earlier mentioned Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau as a bass-
baritone: I
> have never seen him billed as such either.
>
> Mark
>
> "Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page
Kimball, to

******

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Tako Oda wrote:
>
> > Max van Egmond and William Parker are examples of this "cantate"
type
> > of bass voice. I've actually seen Parker billed as a bass-baritone
> > before, if I'm not imagining things.

Service.

> HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

emusic.com