Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Thu Oct 31, 2002  5:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I know this was addressed before, but...

I'm not sure if anyone can ever totally master the transitions between
'registers'. I've just learned how to fluff around them. . . manipulating the
sound here and there to make it sound more even. I don't think you can put a
time frame on it because your voice is constantly changing and you must keep
regulating the balances. But I guess I'm not very familiar with what is called
'speech-level singing'. What exactly does it mean?
Anthony Howden <antnee1027@y...> wrote:
How long did it take you to master that?! With speech-level singing they say
generally btw 3-6 mos is a good window
Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...> wrote:
Jodie,
There are many exercises that can be used to connect the 'registers' but,
ultimately, what really does it is strengthening the weaker 'register' to match
the stronger. And, that just takes time. The more open you can be to
experimenting with different balances in your voice (more chest in the lighter
voice, more head in the heavier voice) the easier you may make it for yourself.
Ultimately, give yourself a break. It isn't something that happens in a week or
in a year. Its just a matter of learning how to 'hide' the transition spot(s)
by making either side sound like the other. Well, atleast that is the way it is
for me. Hope it helps.
Mandi

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20730 Re: I know this was addressed before, but...John Link johnlink010254 Thu  10/31/2002
20735 What is SLS, was Re: [vocalist] I know this was addressed before, bMichael chosdad Fri  11/1/2002

emusic.com