Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Oct 29, 2002  9:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Voice

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:51:24 -0000 yo10x <yo10x@y...> wrote:

> When you are singing i've realized you have
> many options of like
> where to "put the voice" or what to do in your
> throat part to change
> the sound of it.....
>
> What is the right thing to do?

A simplistic answer: Whatever makes your voice sound good.

So many things in voice study involve images of one sort or another, and the
images are meaningful only because we've learned to associate the image with
something specific. For me, it's how my voice feels in my body, and maybe
something very subtle I feel my body is doing to produce the desired tone.

So there is very rarely one, always true, always right answer, because there
are as many "answers" as there are people experiencing the senses of singing.

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com