Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Peter Louis van Dijk" <plvdijk@i...>
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  9:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] female falsetto (was: countertenors etc.)

Isabelle wrote:

My teacher also advises,
> when singing chest-voice exercises, not taking the
> chest voice above an E or F4, which is my policy.

I would be very interested in knowing what kind of chest-voice exercises you
do, and why.

re "whisle" register:
I also discovered this "whistle" register quite by accident.I can't start it
in tune, though. Once it's going, I can slide to the desired pitch. It
sounds quite eerie, and my husband made me use it as an effect as part of a
composition for youth orchestra and narrator "The Tenth Planet".Sounds great
over a mike. And such fun when it doesn't kick in and all you get is a
highly amplified vocal cord hiss!

Regards

Susi
CT RSA