Vocalist.org archive

From:  Pati Wolfgang <patipaw@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 23, 2002  3:38 pm
Subject:  Sinus Congestion

-Hi there,
I am new to the list, thanks to Phyllis, and enjoying
it immensely. I live in PA, Swamp Holler to be exact,
which is near York. I am a singer and voice teacher.

I am also a Reiki practitioner-teacher, and dabble in
aromatherapy, homeopathy, and naturopathy for my
personal use.

Frankly, I haven't read all of the digests, so if
anything I'm suggesting has been "done" please excuse
me.

For sinus congestion, I'm sure it's been thought of,
first line of defense for me is steam. Then I use
accupressure points on the face, I'm sure they can be
found online somewhere.

On an emotional level, I also look to see if there is
anything in my life that I am confused about. Many
times there is, and if I spend some time getting clear
about whatever it is, the congestion disappears.

Aromatherapy wise, I make a blend that includes tea
tree oil, lavender, and eucalyptus smithy. The
eucalyptus smithy is the mildest of eucalypti (forget
the correct term, just know it works for me...lol) I
blend the oils with a carrier oil, such as almond or
olive oil, and rub it on my chest and throat. (Not
directly into the sinus passages, as someone pointed
out earlier.) I also put it on my temples and gently
massage my face.

It is very helpful to take a bath using these oils. (A
physician friend in NY wanted me to supply for him the
bath salts I make out of this blend.) To make a bath
salt, simply mix a little baking soda into some epsom
salt then add some drops of the blend (no carrier oil)
into a plastic bag and gently massage until blended.

If you don't want to use salt, you can mix the blend
into a few tablespoons of milk as a carrier.

Homeopathically, for sinus congestion that has turned
yellow, my usualy remedy is pulsatilla. There are
many remedies, and it is very specific. Information is
available on the web to help you pick the right
remedy, or ask a health store person. I'm happy to
suggest books, etc. if you are interested. A single
remedy is more powerful than a blended remedy, but
sometimes it is easier to just get a blend.

Herbally, I like Olive Leaf Extract to help the immune
system, and of course Echinacea. I only use either
for ten days. They can be used together. Golden Seal
is great for infection. I've had infections that
antibiotics didn't cure, but Golden Seal did the
trick.

Grape Seed extract is great for bronchial congestion
by the way. As is simply drinking grape juice. And
of course, garlic is great too. For allergies, Nettle
is wonderful. I was able to get off of all allergy
meds, that I had been on for almost two decades, using
Nettle and various remedies.

I'm sure you probably know to make sure you are
getting enough vitamin C and zinc. And I have babbled
enough.

Thanks,
Pati

=====
"Teach us to care,
And not to care,
And to be still." -T.S. Elliot
My Web Site
http://www.yorkcommunity.com/york/swamphollerstudio

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20676 Re: Sinus CongestionGreypins@a... greypins Fri  10/25/2002
20681 Re: Sinus CongestionCynthia Donnell   Sat  10/26/2002
20682 Re: Sinus CongestionReg Boyle bandbau Sat  10/26/2002

emusic.com