Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Fri Oct 25, 2002  1:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] american idol

One of my diction students is going to Friday's NYC auditions. Two other
students are planning on going to Atlanta next week and simply can't
understand why the faculty won't excuse them from a week of classes because
they're going to "audition." The first cut is visual, by the way. If they
don't like your looks that's it. Each singer who makes the first cut sings
for 15 seconds. The NYC auditionees were told to expect the 6000 folks
before the first cut.

Ahhhh, youth. . .
Cindy Donnell

EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a... writes:
> Hey Randy,
> Are any of your students trying out for American Idol 2... I saw on the
> news a big line of contestants in Detroit last night..
> deanna
I had one go to the detroit auditions. I'm not a big fan of building a
career through those shows though. I do have a lot of students who are
being
shopped to labels though at the present time.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com