Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 23, 2002  2:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Help with nasally singing

In a message dated 10/22/2002 3:14:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
opa@o... writes:

> I think once we establish what falsetto is and how to evaluate it, we can
> talk about it as a tool for voice-building and voice-correction.
> Essentially, you will need to separate, isolate, and build independently
> your student's two registers. Pure chest, taken no higher than about
> middle E. And pure falsetto, A-flat below middle C to about B-flat above.

Every student I've had come through my studio that was trained that way has
not been able to bridge the two registers together. From my experience this
pedagogy encourages permanent register separation and offers little benefit.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com