Vocalist.org archive

From:  kriswrite@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 22, 2002  6:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Help with nasally singing

Nick~

Before this student came to me she never knew anything about "mask"
placement...or any placement at all. I don't believe the problem is that
she's attempting mask placement. Her sound is more shut off, and while it is
bright, it's not bright in a healthy sense (a la Beverly Sills). Does this
help you?

I think I'm basically being told on the board that I need to be more patient!
:) When I originally posted, I just wanted a sense of whether I was totally
missing the boat or not--I'd never had such a nasally student.

But if you have other ideas, please don't hesitate to share them.

Kristina

emusic.com