Vocalist.org archive

From:  "opacodex" <res0kli9@v...>
Date:  Sun Oct 20, 2002  2:42 am
Subject:  Re: Falsettofrom Lloyd W. Hanson DMA to Mary Beth.....

> Such is not the case.

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE WHO GETS IT!

Dr. Hanson's treatise is the single greatest post on falsetto. It
is patently correct in every way. It should be read and re-read.
We should work on having someone record demonstrations of the
sounds, both female and male so that there will be examples and
audial reference for these questions.

The important thing I have to add is that falsetto is not just a
register for definitions. It's something that should be developed
because the action which takes place during the execution of pure
falsetto is an essential part of a complete, balanced sound...and
the only way to achieve what is the final test of a singer--messa di
voce. Not just getting louder and then softer. The ability to
truly swell and diminish any note, on any vowel, with no change in
clarity or timbre--just intensity. Few singers have ever been able
to do this. But it's worth working for.

Nick Scholl

emusic.com