Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rich" <rich318@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 21, 2002  5:32 pm
Subject:  Re: Upper Sinus Congestion - Any remedies?

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your suggestion. It just so happens that I went to
Greenwich Village this weekend to find Olbas Oil which I've used for
minor relief of congestion in the past. I went into an
Ayurvedic/Yoga Health Food place on W. 13th. They were very
knowledgable about alternative treatments for my congestion.

I did buy a neti pot on their recommendation and I think it's helpful.

The most interesting thing is that they believe that I have an
imbalance in my immune system which is causing an allergic reaction
to dairy and soy products and probably some other legumes.

If they are correct I should begin to feel some relief after taking
the All-Flora supplements they gave me. I'm also supposed to avoid
dairy and soy products. Apparently by adding these live organisms to
my digestive system, I should be able to restore balance to my body
and stop being so sensitive to some of these foods which do give me
alot of phlegm and congestion.

The neti pot is a very interesting device. I had never heard of them
before.

If anyone else is not aware of them, I think they are worth looking
at as a temporary relief for congestion and for clearing any
allergens from you nasal passages.

It looks like a teapot and you can actually pour a saline solution in
one nostril and tilt your head a little to have it pour out the other
nostril while still breathing regularly through your mouth. I had no
idea that water could go up and over the septum and not run down your
throat.

Thanks for the advice. We'll see if the Ayurvedic treatment works
for me.

Rich

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "vintageconnection" <kriswrite@a...>
wrote:
> Hi there~
>
> You might try a neti pot, which cleans sinuses with water and
baking
> soda and/or salt. If you do a search for "neti pot sinus" on the
web,
> you should find a variety of sources.
>
> Let us know if this works!
> Kristina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20655 Re: Upper Sinus Congestion - Any remedies?John Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Tue  10/22/2002

emusic.com