Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Stinky Rumpus" <stinkyrumpus512@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 22, 2002  4:29 pm
Subject:  singer with ulcerative colitis

Dear Friends,

I've been mainly a lurker since joining the list, and for reasons that will
be obvious in the remainder of this message, I'd rather not introduce myself
too sepcifically.

I tried to send this a few days ago but I haven't seen it yet. Please
forgive me if you receive it in duplicate. I am a professional singer with
ulcerative colitis, and I've been having more and more trouble with it. I
wonder if there are others on this list who have this disease, or any other
bowel problems, and if so, how you handle the problems associated with it.
At tiems I feel really defeated by the whole thing. Anyone tried surgery?

Also a question for the docs on the list. I'm using mesalamine, which I
understand to be derived from aspirin. Does this medication have the same
risks associated with it for singers as, say, aspirin or Advil or any of the
other NSAIDs? (I know we're supposed to avoid those because of the risk of
vocal hemhorrage.)

Thank you all for an informative and supportive list.

Stinky

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!

emusic.com