Vocalist.org archive

From:  "chenweijie81" <chenweijie81@y...>
Date:  Tue Oct 22, 2002  10:05 am
Subject:  Are bass-baritones rare in terms of voice category???

Dear vocalists out there,
well there are some questions which I would like to ask.
Frankly speaking, baritones are the most common among the male voice
types. Under the baritone voice, there are different baritone voice
colors. So I was just wondering if bass-baritones are considered rare
among the different types of baritone voice. And what voice quality
of the baritone makes a bass-baritone??? I understand the bass
baritone voice has most of the characteristics of a dramatic baritone
but have a slightly lower range and a much darker tone quality. It
easily gives the impression that it is producing lower pitches than
it actually is. However can a bass baritone be lyric too with the
most characteristics of a dramatic baritone??? Are bass-baritones
considered Verdi baritones??? And is there any difference between
bass-baritone and Helden baritone or are they just the same??? Thanks
for answering these questions and I will be pleased to hear more
information about bass-baritones if u guys can provide.

From Baritone Weijie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20753 Re: Are bass-baritones rare in terms of voice category???Karen Mercedes   Mon  11/4/2002
20754 Re: Are bass-baritones rare in terms of voice category???John Link johnlink010254 Mon  11/4/2002
20801 Re: Are bass-baritones rare in terms of voice category???chenweijie81 chenweijie81 Sun  11/10/2002

emusic.com