Vocalist.org archive

From:  daniel marshall <dm90002@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 21, 2002  4:43 pm
Subject:  AUDITIONS: Napa, CA, Zarzuela

Auditions for JARVIS CONSERVATORY's 2003 Zarzuela
Workshop and Festival will be held on January 6 in
Boston, MA (location, to be announced); and on January
8 in San Francisco, CA at Zellerbach Hall, 300
Franklin Street, Room C. This year's workshop piece
will be LA CHULAPONA by Moreno Torroba. The sung parts
will be in Spanish with spoken parts in English. The
Zarzuela Workshop and Festival includes a four-week
residency beginning Saturday, June 1 and concluding
with the final performances on June 29. Meals,
lodging, travel, and a small stipend will be paid.
Participants will receive vocal, diction, dance, and
performance coaching, as well as individual
instruction and master classes with top instructors.
Bring selections to sing (preferably in Spanish) and
be prepared to read English dialogues. Send resume,
head shot, and tape (video preferred) to: The Jarvis
Conservatory, 1711 Main Street, Napa, CA, 94559. For
more information, call 707-255-5445.
http://www.jarvisconservatory.com (although it was not
on the site on the 20th Oct.)
Please note I am not affiliated with Jarvis in any
way. I just love zarzuela and wanna share.
D. Moore, soprano

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

emusic.com