Vocalist.org archive

From:  "omtara" <omtara@h...>
Date:  Mon Oct 21, 2002  1:23 am
Subject:  Re: how to practice??

Hi Andrea -

I'm not sure this will help you, but this is what I do:

1) A set of exercises my teacher has given me. They are all scale
exercises that each focus on a set of particular skills. I work on
each of these with the goal of improving these skills.

2) A set of exercises from Vaccai. I work on these with the goal of
strengthening the tools and habits I've been given by my teacher,
and counteracting old habits I have that detract from my singing.

3) I work on my rep, with specific goals as to what I want to
improve in each song or aria, based on the general concepts my
teacher teaches and specific areas we have addressed in lessons.

I do all of this in front of a mirror, each day except for the days
I have a lesson, and I write down in a journal what exactly I do and
how long I do it for.

Hope that helps.

Karena

emusic.com