Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Oct 19, 2002  10:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help with nasally singing

In a message dated 10/19/2002 4:51:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
kriswrite@a... writes:

> Randy~
>
> Most obviously, this student has developed a very bad habit, and it's
> a matter of re-training her to sing naturally. I believe she is using
> her nose as a resonator because her throat is sometimes

Well the lack of velum elevation in nasal singing is a given. The reasons
are usually because a retracted tongue and/or elevated larynx are causing the
velum to drop as a pressure release valve in sense because the back of the
mouth is blocked off.

Exercises that get the tongue more forward and/or the larynx will allow the
soft palate to lift eliminating the nasality.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20597 Re: Help with nasally singingvintageconnection vintageconnection Mon  10/21/2002
20638 Re: Help with nasally singingopacodex opacodex Tue  10/22/2002

emusic.com