Vocalist.org archive

From:  <rachparker@e...>
Date:  Fri Oct 18, 2002  6:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] how to practice??

Here's something that's worked for me. Whenever I get ready to practice, I set
myself one goal to work on -- dynamics, vowel formation, keeping the palate
lifted, expressiveness, whatever. Then all through my vocalises and
repertoire, I focus on that one area (not to the detriment of all the other
stuff, of course). Whenever I do that, I always feel a sense of accomplishment
afterwards!

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 02:48:08 UT Andrea Montoute <andreapm@u...> wrote:

> realized that I'm really not making the most
> efficent use of my practice
> time- it's frustrating because I feel as if I'm
> not making any real
> progress (but then when I go to lessons,
> somehow I make leaps and
> bounds!) So do any of y'all have any tips on
> how you practice, what kind
> of techniques you use, etc?

emusic.com