Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tia Pickeral <brightmans@y...>
Date:  Thu Oct 17, 2002  1:49 am
Subject:  Ethical ?

Dear Vocalists:
I have a ethical quandary that I hope to get help
with. If you have a new teacher, is it o.k. to go back
to your old one for help? I switched vocal teachers
and I really like my new one, but I never told my
former one that I am studying w/ someone else. I gave
the impression that I had decided to give up music for
a while. I would like to audition for my university's
music program and feel that working w/ 2 teachers
could be beneficial. I only have voice lessons once a
week for one hour. I am thinking that 2 hrs. a week
just to prepare for audition time would be better, but
I am really hesitating to call the old teacher back.
It feels really dishonest to even consider doing so.
Am I right or do people work w/ more than one teacher
and is it their prerogative to let the teachers know
about each other? Thanks in advance for your time.

Tia

http://faith.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20546 Re: Ethical ?Karen Mercedes   Thu  10/17/2002
20548 Re: Ethical ?Margaret L. Harrison peggyliebman Thu  10/17/2002
20549 Re: Ethical ?Greypins@a... greypins Thu  10/17/2002
20550 Re: Ethical ?Imthurn Melinda   Thu  10/17/2002
20551 Re: Ethical ?Naomi Gurt Lind   Thu  10/17/2002

emusic.com