Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Sun Oct 13, 2002  3:51 pm
Subject:  Viruses and Vocalist, and moving the list

The Vocalist is set to discard attachments.
Therefore, if you ever get message with an attachment
(most email programs show a little icon -- like a
paperclip or some such -- next to messages which have
an attachment), it did not come from Vocalist.

As far as I know, you need to actively download an
attachment in order to be infected with a virus. You
should never, never set your email program to
automatically download attachments, and many email
programs allow you to scan an attachment for viruses
before downloading.

While I'm on the line, has anyone heard from Lloyd
about moving the Vocalist to a university server? The
NATS possibility didn't work out, so I'm wondering if
we should go with his offer or if we should merge with
the vocalist.co.uk people -- what do you guys think?

Isabelle B.

http://faith.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20526 Re: Viruses and Vocalist, and moving the listJohn Link johnlink010254 Sun  10/13/2002
20527 Re: Viruses and Vocalist, and moving the listGreypins@a... greypins Sun  10/13/2002
20528 Re: Viruses and Vocalist, and moving the listbuzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Sun  10/13/2002

emusic.com