Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jean Marie Henderson" <jeaniebean77@h...>
Date:  Thu Oct 10, 2002  11:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] soprano and concert band

Aaron Copland's American Songs were also arranged for voice and band. Try
to make sure that the band is not too large, or can at least play well
softly. Wind Ensembles put out a lot more volume than most orchestras, and
it is easy for singers to get drowned out.
Also look for works of soprano and chamber ensemble. Some might be all
winds, and smaller instrumentation.
Jean Marie