Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <naomi@n...>
Date:  Wed Oct 9, 2002  4:45 pm
Subject:  Re: Tylenol Pm

Your roommates need to be more considerate of your schedule. It's
not too much to ask them to be quiet when it's your bedtime, provided
you're not going to bed ridiculously early! Maybe you can work out a
compromise with your roommates -- surely they can study or socialize
in a lounge or coffee shop rather than in the room after, say, 10 p.m.

If insomnia is an issue, a glass of hot tea can help, or warm milk.
(If you have reflux, consider taking a calcium tablet instead...same
idea as warm milk but less likely to excite the digestion.) Also
there are wonderful breathing exercises from various yoga traditions
that help the mind and body relax so it's easy to fall asleep. My
personal favorite is to count my breaths -- long, deep breaths,
counting backward from 30. If I lose my place, I go back to the last
number I remember and start again from there. It works very well for
me, and lately my husband has started to try it too, with some
success!

Naomi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20482 Re: Tylenol PmAmanda Kelley mandasings Wed  10/9/2002
20483 Re: Tylenol PmJohn Cheshire conn1922 Wed  10/9/2002

emusic.com