Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  6:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] freaky-high whistle register

-----Original Message-----
From: Cynthia Donnell <csdonnell@m...>
To: vocalist-temporary@egroups.com <>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 8:22 PM

Why, Melanie,
It seems to me that you've discovered your bell register or flageolet
register. There are other
names for it but these are the ones I generally read on Vocalist. It is
useable. The extension in range you note in the highest soprano voices is
flageolet/bell register. Listen to Mado Robin, Lily Pons and others of
their ilk. Since it is a part of your instrument, play with it, get to know
it, make it your friend and your high notes will seem so easy. Even
Leontyne Price vocalized those "freaky high" notes although she didn't use
them publicly.

What fun!
Cindy

James here....

I call this whistle register but know the other terms.