Vocalist.org archive

From:  Elizabeth Campbell <sales@v...>
Date:  Tue Oct 8, 2002  6:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Italian Song options

Dear Sharon,

May I also suggest "Italian Art Songs of the Romantic Era"-edited by
Patricia Adkins Chiti and published by Alfred, "15 Composizioni da
Camera"-great collection of songs by Bellini and distributed by Hal
Leonard, and my personal favorite is the "36 Arie di Stile Antico" (the
third book is especially full of beautiful melodies) by Donaudy and again
distributed by Hal Leonard.

As for other sources of Italian Baroque songs and arias, there are several
listed on the Italian Art Song page of the VocalSource website. The url is
http://www.vocalsource.com/O_Italian%20Art%20Songs.asp if you are
interested in checking it out.

Hope this helps.
Elizabeth Campbell

At 10:27 AM 10/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Sharon Szymanski <szy@n...> wrote:
>
> > Ps- I'm getting pretty tired of the 24 & 26 myself
> >and was thinking of buying an anthology of Tosti songs to
> >supplement them. Has anyone used them with beginners?
>
>No, but I have begun using the Alfred edition "Italian Arias of the Baroque
>and Classical Eras" book with some of my students as a "next step." Same
>format as the "26" book (same publisher & Editor [Paton]), with the IPA,
>word-for-word translation, background information, etc. I'll be
>interested, too, to hear if anyone has tried the Tosti as an
>alternative/supplement.
>
>Leslie Jones
>
>Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; contralto
>Asst. Professor, Dept. of Music
>Southeast Missouri State Univ.
>LJones@s... - (573) 651-2339

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20452 Remedial Work in grad schoolImthurn Melinda   Tue  10/8/2002
20453 long rambling thoughts from a small town voice teacherEdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Tue  10/8/2002
20454 Re: long rambling thoughts from a small town voice teacherImthurn Melinda   Tue  10/8/2002
20455 Re: long rambling thoughts from a small town voice teacherjames   Tue  10/8/2002
20464 Re: long rambling thoughts from a small town voice teacherAnne Cronvich acronvich Wed  10/9/2002
20465 Anne's response endoscopy? largynscopy?EdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Wed  10/9/2002
20466 Re: Anne's response endoscopy? largynscopy?Anne Cronvich acronvich Wed  10/9/2002
20467 Re: Anne's response endoscopy? largynscopy?Anne Cronvich acronvich Wed  10/9/2002
20468 Re: Anne's response endoscopy? largynscopy?EdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Wed  10/9/2002

emusic.com