Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Oct 7, 2002  5:41 pm
Subject:  Reply to Randy: Falsetto or Head?

buzzcen@a... wrote:
> This is the song that never ends....

I realize you may feel blugeoned to death with this eternal topic,
and I'm sorry for that... But I actually feel like we manage to
explore this topic just a little more deeply every time it comes up.

If you follow this never-ending thread back a couple of years, I
think you'll see that the views of many on this list have been ever
so slightly moving toward some consensus. We may not call these
darned registers the same things, but at least we know what the other
person is talking about now.

I believe (self-centeredly ;-) that an exploration of unusual or
extreme voice types gives us insight into the workings of
the "normal" singer. I just finished some research comparing
countertenors and female singers... the ability of all the singers in
my study to use the heavy and light mechanism interchangeably allowed
for "apples to apples, oranges to oranges" spectographic comparions.

This is my specific area of academic interest, so obviously I don't
bore of even the smallest details. :-) Please bear with me while I
learn... it is a lifelong process, so sit back and make friends with
your delete key! LOL!

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20429 Re: Reply to Randy: Falsetto or Head?buzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Mon  10/7/2002