Vocalist.org archive

From:  Alexandra Zavilowicz <azavilowicz@e...>
Date:  Thu Oct 3, 2002  2:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] headshots

This is the first I have heard of anyone having such a problem. When I
had my headshots done the photographer provided me with the "original"
......Here in NY they know that you will be sending out for 500 or so
copies.....Photographers are too busy taking pictures to want to bother
copying them as well. I went to a lab that handles actors photos. They
did an 8x10 negative and a postcard size one as well. Whenever I need
photos to send out they make up an order for me. A model friend of mine
sends out to a place in Canada swearing they do the best work for the
least money. Everyone has their favorite place. NY is full of them.
Perhaps you happened on the wrong one in your area. In acting and
modelling copying headshots is indispensable and very much an
every day fact of life. (Copyrighted magazine photos would be another
story.) Have you got any actor or model friends who might advise you? If
I can help in any way contact me directly.
All the best,
Alexandra

Clark_Diane wrote:

> It's not that simple, since the photographer owns the copyright to
> his work. When I wanted to have a headshot made of a Glamour Shot
> photo I had, I had to call the GS store and pay $25 for permission to
> use their photo for the headshot. It was worth it, because that was a
> great photo, and I would have had to pay a lot more to get a new photo
> made. GS sent me a form, which I sent to the headshot company,
> showing that I had permission to use the photo.

[Image]

emusic.com