Vocalist.org archive

From:  "ingo_d" <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Fri Oct 4, 2002  2:22 pm
Subject:  Free Carmen in Boston 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

I just found this article on the two free performances of Carmen in
Boston two weeks ago, achieving an audience of 140,000!

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/267/living/For_Lyrics_free_opera_is_
a_stage_to_build_on+.shtml

two quick questions:

1) Was anyone from our list actually able to attend, and if so, what
did you think of it?

2) What do people in general think of this idea as a way to increase
opera's appeal? We've had a few discussions on this list about the
dumming down of classical music. It would seem to me that events
such as these could help reverse the trend.

Cheers,
Ingo

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20402 Re: Free Carmen in Boston 2 weeks agoJa-Naé Duane elektra1313 Sat  10/5/2002

emusic.com