Vocalist.org archive

From:  Clark_Diane <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Wed Oct 2, 2002  4:11 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Soprano Funeral Rep.

Hello, Ann!

Do you have the music to the British folk song, "O Waly, Waly." It also goes by
other names, and there are many different sets of words that are used with this
beautiful tune. I have also written a text, which I would be glad to make
available to you. My goal in writing it was to produce a women's barbershop
arrangement that was appropriate for funerals, since Sweet Adelines choruses and
quartets are often asked to sing for the funerals of their members. The text is
also usable in other worship settings, but it was designed for funeral use. Let
me know if you are interested in obtaining a copy of this music/text at a
minimal cost (Say $2.00?). You can then simply use my words with your solo
music arrangement.

---
Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Dept. of Music, Rhodes College
2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
http://www.rhodes.edu