Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Sun Sep 29, 2002  12:08 pm
Subject:  Re: opera debut- second night blues

Mirko wrote:
>The next night however was not so good. I felt drained from the
>night before, and my voice would not settle properly. I had to
>interpolate some lower notes into some of the phrases. It strange- I
>felt an apprehension about the second night- i don't know why.
>Maybe its the second night syndrome- where everything suddenly feels
>very flat. Has anybody had a similar experience?

First off, congratulations on a great first night. While I can only
speak from very limited experience I have to say that I have the same
problem. In fact, most of the cast I was singing with suffered from
low energy the second night. My guess is that I was just wrung out
from the adrenaline high of the first night.

Getting plenty of rest after the first night - sleep in, take a nap,
eat foods that get your energy level up - has helped a small amount.
Being very conscious of the drop off also helps a bit.

How do the pros go through this night after night?

Ingo

20356 Re: opera debut- second night bluesKaren Mercedes   Sun  9/29/2002

emusic.com