Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Thu Sep 26, 2002  10:54 am
Subject:  opera debut

Well, tomorrow night is my big opera debut.

I am in a university opera production at the University of Queensland. I
will be singing Tamino in the Magic Flute, and Don Ottavio in Don Giovanni.
Mind you we're only doing the first half of flute, and the second half of
Don. But it's still a huge sing for me. I'm very excited about this- only
six months ago I thought it would be impossible, as all the tenor parts
seemed so difficult, but I'm happy to say that the role is now fairly
comfortable and 'in' my voice.

I've had a full-on year, the most exciting part of which was that I've just
had a little baby boy with my partner. He is now three weeks old and is
thriving amazingly (ie. he feeds continually!).

Anyway, I'll keep you all in mind as I run onto the stage tomorrow night to
sing the introduction 'zu hilfe', as Tamino is pursued by a serpent.

Should be fun.

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20321 Re: opera debutClark_Diane   Thu  9/26/2002
20326 Re: opera debutElizabeth Finkler   Thu  9/26/2002

emusic.com