Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Tue Sep 24, 2002  7:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] all the grad school questions....

My 2 cents...
when i auditioned for grad school my repetoire was
varied in difficulty. My german was a short Brahms
piece-that I was confident that I could do WELL! I
think it is better that you sing the songs well that
that you have a bunch of difficult material. Let your
confidence SHINE THROUGH!!! As for your aria, every
audition I went to the auditors let me select my
first piece, and at some schools my other piece! Sing
what your are comfortable with and know you can do
well. Perhaps they will here Porgi Amor 10 times, but
perhaps they won't!
As for the questions about the repetorie list (this
was an old discussion...and i am now chiming in).
Most schools have a place on the application, or have
you submit a separate sheet of your "audition
repetorie".
good luck with all the auditions!!!!
xoxo
chrisitne