Vocalist.org archive

From:  Melanie <mkkuolt@s...>
Date:  Wed May 31, 2000  9:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] freaky-high whistle register

This may be a stupid comment or question, but I think I have this freaky
high range, too...... I never considered it legitimate. I discovered it
when I was trying to do an imitation of Mariah Carey. (she sings FREAKY
high in all of her bad early and mid 90's songs) Is she using this same
range? I don't have too much dynamic control of it. I can sing it with
vibrato, but it feels manipulated somewhat. Also, I can do this range on
some days--- and then not on others. I've never asked my coach about it
because I didn't think it was a "usable" part of the voice...

Melanie