Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Sun Sep 22, 2002  2:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] repertoire list

Ok, I'm applying to grad schools too. . . and for my rep lists, I think I'll
probably just list the stuff that is 'performance ready'. . . the stuff I can
pull out of my book and sing at just about any time. I've thought about putting
down a category, at the end, of 'works in progress' or something, but I haven't
decided. Other than that, I categorize by opera aria, oratorio aria, and art
song, and then seperate those into the different languages. I don't think there
is a specific way to do it. That's just the way I'm doing it. I'm sure,
though, that any way you feel comfortable doing it will be fine. As far as
putting all the material I've worked on onto the list, I'm terrified they'll ask
me for something I worked on two years ago and haven't touched since in my
audition. Some schools actually ask you to asterik the peices in your rep that
are memorized and performance ready. Anyway, hope that helps! Good luck!
Mandi

emusic.com