Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singingfan" <singfan@m...>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  11:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] To dream or to follow your heart...

I don't quite fully understand what you mean by your
statement "Anyway, if your family wants someone to do something let
them do it themselves."

Well both sides of my family have all gone to at least 4 years except
one of my mother's sisters that moved out to Kansas to get married
and have kids. My mother has her Masters in Education and my father
has an Accounting degree. It is just something that is accepted as
something that you just do. If my mother saw that I was doing
something that was making me truly happy, it would take some
persuasion on my part but eventually she would go for it if I was
able to work things out.

Yes, music school does count as college but I don't know anything
about the transfer process going from a liberal arts college to a
music school. Also, I don't know where I am interested in even
getting into.

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <johnlink@n...> wrote:
> Jennifer wrote:
>
> >As you can tell, I am confused on what I should do. On one hand my
> >heart is telling me to go for the music, but on the otherhand, I am
> >faced with a reality that my parents and family want me to go
through
> >college.
>
> I thought that music school was college! Anyway, if your family
wants
> someone to do something let them do it themselves.
>
> John Link
>
> http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink (John Link Vocal Quintet)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20254 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/19/2002
20310 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...John Link johnlink010254 Tue  9/24/2002

emusic.com