Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singingfan" <singfan@m...>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  10:44 pm
Subject:  To dream or to follow your heart...

hey, i'm writing on this board to get some opinions and advice...

Well, I am now at college. but I am having a hard time with it just
not clicking.. it's not anything like I had expected it to be. I am
just taking some basic courses like for example, psych 101, english
101, bio 101, etc. No music courses except for a once-a-week voice
class. When I had entered I had thought that I wanted to major in
Psychology, but now I find that it is simply not deep in my soul to
do.

So anyways, I haven't really fallen in love with the school at all! I
haven't been able to get a good night's sleep the whole time that I
have been here. I have been here a month now so it is turning to be a
huge problem.

You may have remembered when I was first looking into colleges I was
most interested in music programs. Being here, I have now come to the
realization that what I want to dedicate my life to is...singing! I
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! There have been ideas that have been racing
through my head.. like really following my dreams and maybe doing
something really illogical(?) like dropping college all together
maybe and moving to Boston or NY or something.. but I know that is
stretching it reallllllly far out there.. There would be too much
family backlash I'd have to face..so I think it's definetly out of
the question.. Should I attempt to attend a full-blown music school?
I am just not being fulfilled with my courses right now that I am
enrolled in.

I'm not sure if I am portraying my situation well to you.. Do you
understand what I am trying to say? I am one of those independent
types that doesn't tend to just go along and follow the mainstream. I
have always gone my own way, many a time with much resistance.

As you can tell, I am confused on what I should do. On one hand my
heart is telling me to go for the music, but on the otherhand, I am
faced with a reality that my parents and family want me to go through
college.

AHHHHH!!! Help?

Thank you for reading.

Jennifer

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20251 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...John Link johnlink010254 Thu  9/19/2002
20253 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...singingfan singingfan Thu  9/19/2002
20254 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/19/2002
20310 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...John Link johnlink010254 Tue  9/24/2002
20252 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...Karen Mercedes   Thu  9/19/2002
20256 Re: To dream or to follow your heart...Clark_Diane   Thu  9/19/2002

emusic.com