Vocalist.org archive

From:  "didigirl12000" <didigirl1@j...>
Date:  Thu Sep 19, 2002  3:12 am
Subject:  Re: Allergy Season Questions

After reading all these posts on steroids and weight gain/loss and
how they affect the voice I am wondering this...

Does taking Flonase or Nasonex cause weight gain like taking a
steroid like prednisone? I recently lost 20 lbs. and now that it is
allegy season I started taking Zyrtec a couple of weeks ago. I
sometimes wonder if the Zyrtec has affected my voice or if it is the
allergies themselves. Has anyone felt that Zyrtec has adversely
affected their singing voice?

But now when I sing I feel like I am "stuffed up" especially for the
high notes and they don't seem to "come out" as usual (it
feels "blocked"). I usually take Flonase or Nasonex (along with the
Zyrtec) for these allergies but have read that steroids can add to
weight gain. Does that include inhaled steroids?

Sometimes when I go to the ENT he injects what he calls a steroid
into each nostril which he says last for a few months. I don't know
what it is called - maybe someone else knows. Does this affect the
voice? Can I gain weight from that?

I'd appreciate any answers.

Didi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20235 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsGWendel Yee gwyee2redshift Thu  9/19/2002
20240 Re: Allergy Season Questionsdidigirl12000 didigirl12000 Thu  9/19/2002
20241 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsJohn Cheshire conn1922 Thu  9/19/2002
20265 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsJoscephine Gomez voice_consultant Fri  9/20/2002
20243 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsElizabeth Finkler   Thu  9/19/2002
20263 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsJoscephine Gomez voice_consultant Fri  9/20/2002
20280 Re: Allergy Season QuestionsNaomi Gurt Lind   Sat  9/21/2002

emusic.com