Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Reg Boyle" <bandb@n...>
Date:  Wed Sep 18, 2002  7:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Non vibrato?

Thank you Diane.

About blowing into the tube to get the muscular sensation of what support
may feel like, it was not done while I vocalised, it merely occured to me at
the time just how close the action simulated a satisfactory feeling of
support. As it is so difficult to portray some of these actions in writing,
I thought I might mention it in case it is of assistance to some-one else.
It certainly has been a help to me especially in those moments when the
brain needs to sing but the body is unresponsive.

In case Titze has some other intention I say that there was absolutely no
sensation of pressure in the throat at the time. only the all round feeling.
Thanks again.

emusic.com