Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  11:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Non vibrato?

>Maybe my question has no answer but I will try anyway: a nice lady over 60
>came to me and ask me if I can help her: she sings in a choir but her
>vibrato is so wide that it is impossible to keep going on in the choir. She
>asked me to help her to sing completely without vibrato.

I doubt that this is really what she or the choir director would
want. I suspect that she sounds like the cowardly lion in the Wizard
of Oz ("If I were king of the foreeeeeeeeeest!") and must learn to do
something else. I would suggest taking her back to basics. Have her
hum, have her make an ng sound, and then have her let the ng sound
turn into a vowel.

Good luck!
John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink