Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dré de Man <dredeman@w...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  10:17 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] list home

Dear vocalisters,

There is important reason to move the list to the university: the tendency
on the Internet to stop all free activities. Now the .com hype is over,
companies realise they have to make money in an old fashioned way and that
banners et cetera don't bring much profit. Probably the only thing that is
interesting to Yahoo, is selling our addresses. Who knows how long it will
be, until they will start charging us for the use of their databases and
bandwidth?

Since Lloyd has the opportunity to move the list now, I would say: why not
use it, while it is still possible?

The complexity of the administration task should not be overemphasised, as
long as we have an intelligent list administrator (like we have now).
Besides that I can always assist in the technical part of it, should this
really be necessary.

Best greetings,

Dré

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20186 Re: list homePJ. Garner sciurusniger Tue  9/17/2002

emusic.com