Vocalist.org archive

From:  Clark_Diane <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  10:23 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist]Non vibrato?

Singers have to use vibrato control in order to perform well a variety of styles
of music, from madrigals to barbershop. This does not mean eliminating vibrato,
just making it do your bidding. This is all related to good breath management
and proper abdominal support. This lady can certainly be helped, if she is
willing to work and change some habits.

---
Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Dept. of Music, Rhodes College
2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
http://www.rhodes.edu