Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  12:47 am
Subject:  narrowing down college list for undergraduate studies

Hi Everyone,
My daughter is a senior in high school and we're getting set to decide
on 3 colleges to apply for. She is intent on studying for a classical
performance degree in voice and her first choice is Oberlin. I want her
to audition for at least 2 other schools, but I haven't a clue which 2
to focus on. We like the idea of a small campus with great voice
teachers, of course, and a music curriculum that really teaches
musicianship to singers, as well as pedagogy. We live in Washington
State and she's insisting that she must go to school out of state.
(teenagers). She attended the summer vocal academy for high school
students this past July at Oberlin and loved the staff there. Of course
I'm hoping she might win scholarships somewhere.. she has excellent
grades and a good SAT score. Anyway, recommendations, anyone?
Deanna

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20153 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesTrevor Allen   Mon  9/16/2002
20164 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesMolly McLinden mollythediva Mon  9/16/2002
20198 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesAmanda Kelley mandasings Tue  9/17/2002
20154 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesJodie Bean bean2871_2000 Mon  9/16/2002
20185 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesCynthia Donnell   Tue  9/17/2002
20188 Re: narrowing down college list for undergraduate studiesMFoxy9795@a...   Tue  9/17/2002

emusic.com