Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michelle Albert <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Fri Sep 13, 2002  12:33 am
Subject:  Digest Number 1264

Phew! What a great way to start my morning. This digest has been excessively
off topic, but wow, it really restores my faith that there are at least some
people in this world who can still have some form of reasonable perspective on
world events.
I, probably like many of us here, am finding all this talk of a coming war with
Iraq extremely disturbing. My reactions vary day to day from numb disbelief, to
volitile anger and panic and an overwhelming desire to organise some form of
protest to force the hand of our collective leaders to try an alternate solution
to war first. Ultimately I just feel small and helpless and alone, a bit like a
small animal caught in the glare of the headlights of an oncoming truck.
To witness some reasoned viewpoints such as these, gives me hope that at least
there are others out there who have similar opinions and desires to me, even if
they come to the same point from opposite ends of the argument.
We live in interesting times. A little TOO interesting for my tastes. I have
enjoyed this immensely though and I thank you all for your input. If I give you
my take I'm afraid we'll be here all day so I'll restrain myself.
ALSO!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR VOCALIST, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!<<<<<

I raise my voice and join in Diane, thankyou. Being in this forum makes a
difference to my teaching and I and my students benefit greatly from the input.
I think this is one example of what a brilliant tool the internet can be. So
thankyou everyone, even for the occassional off-topic posts.

Michelle

Reality is just a figment of your imagination.

Yahoo! Messenger for SMS- Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS

emusic.com