Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 12, 2002  1:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: NON-AMERICAN REALITY SHOCK: WAS: In Memoriam 9/11

In a message dated 9/12/2002 9:25:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dalila@R... writes:

> I don't accept this argument. To say that the 9/11 attacks were attacks on
> anything other than buildings, planes, and the people in them - i.e., to
> say that they were attacks on America - is to grant a legitimacy to Al
> Quaeda that it simply does not have.

no it doesn't. identifying the target does not grant legitimacy.
it is just simple reasoning. the legitimacy of a group or individual's
action is decided by the reason for the action and that group or individual's
right to carry out that action for that reason. so, what you should be
saying is the attack was on america (or, if you prefer, a strategic american
target) carried out by a group that did not have the right to do so, in your
opinion.

mike

emusic.com