Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Thu Sep 12, 2002  2:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: losing weight and the voice

Alright, I have definately experienced great changes (or what seem to me like
great changes) in my voice due to weight changes. I've talked to my voice
teacher about it and she explained to me that she has come across a similar
problem. The worst for me was when I got into a car accident last year and lost
a good 15-20 lbs (I'm a very small girl to begin with). More than anything, I
noticed that my voice lost some of its body. . . but it came back when I came
back to my normal weight. So, I'm sure it must really happen. As to whether or
not that is the case with you, its hard to tell. So many other things can
change your voice (STRESS, maturity, etc.). I must agree that the best thing to
do would be to talk it over with a teacher. I hope this offers you some
assurance. Good luck!
Mandi

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines

emusic.com