Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael Eckford" <michaelb@i...>
Date:  Wed Sep 11, 2002  8:42 pm
Subject:  OFF: In Memoriam every moment

Dear colleagues,

What Karen so eloquently said...

Beyond murder, violence is about every moment, when out of certain false
imagining, we would deny ourselves and one another from being and becoming
who we truly are...

"What is the most difficult of all? What seems the easiest to you: To see
with your eyes what lies before your eyes." --Goethe

I see a truly educated, global village with a truly global, truly
democratic, responsible, accountable and transparent government, founded not
on the myriad psychoses (I wonder if that is a valid plural form of
"psychosis"...) of fear and greed, which are insidiously rampant in our
current sociopolitical infrastructures, but rather on certain evolving
values of love, kindness, compassion, of unity in diversity... of
actualizing who we truly are becoming, as cultures and as individuals...
something succinctly like that... I truly wonder how many times I can say
"truly" in one sentence...

Or, as I just heard a New York City firefighter say, "Either we are one
world or we go ****ing down."...

Or, as Mr. Einstein said, "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of
awareness that created them." [or] "We cannot solve problems by using the
same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

As always and as never before, question everything and everyone... Question
yourself... Question me... Question yourself... Question everything...

Check out WORLD FEDERALIST MOVEMENT http://www.worldfederalist.org/

Sing for your lives...

something like that...

Blessings.

Michael Eckford michaelb@i...

Earth, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

"Out beyond ideas of right and wrong, there is a field. I'll meet you
there." - Rumi

"...it is our estrangement from the oneness of all being (or, in religious
terms, from the God who is one) that is the source of our greatest illusion,
estrangement and misunderstanding of ourselves." - The Politics of Meaning -
"Restoring Hope and Possibility in an Age of Cynicism" by Michael Lerner

1. Where are you living?
2. What are you doing?
3. What are your relationships?
4. Are you in right relationship?
5. Where is your water?
6. Know your garden.
7. It is time to speak your truth.
8. Create your community.
9. Be good to each other.
10. Do not look outside yourself for the leader.
--Hopi elder

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20097 Re: OFF: In Memoriam every momentErica Zweig   Wed  9/11/2002

emusic.com